Thursday, May 03, 2012

Football 'Ead


 


 



"Hey, Football Head!" (In the words of Helga from Hey Arnold.) How's this for an editorial? I'm a sucker for sports themes editorials (which definitely has no correlation whatsoever to the fact that I'm not a very sporty person but deep down I wish I was.) 'Playing The Field' from the Spring 2012 issue V Magazine is an absolute gem, shot by Alasdair McLellan, with Bambi Northwood Blyth as a stout-drinking pitch-side spectator (and very possibly half-time goalpost flirter.) Basically she's a solid Northern lass with solid allegiances to Doncaster Rovers, a solid centre-parting and presumably a pretty solid portion of her wardrobe dedicated to some pretty solid jackets.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

find this a bit dodgy to look at considering all the reports of footballers group sex/wife swapping/rape etc. hinted at by the placing of one female model with many males. and particularly with the the 'Open 7 Days A Week' sign, I wonder what McLellan was getting at!

discotheque confusion said...

Yeah, very interesting point, who knows if it was a comment on the various recent footballer scandals. But I also think it's important not to blur the line between wife swapping and rape. Clearly two very different things, even if affairs are morally dubious. I'm not keen on the "there's no penalty for being a pretty distraction!' line on the first page of the editorial. Does make me think of unwanted bottom pinches.

Unknown said...

Intense photographing involves me. Mood and weather the mysterious.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mari.

Anonymous said...

oh wow I didn't even notice that line! of course I would distinguish between wife swapping and rape, just meant that the editorial could hint at either one. I really love the styling and casting, but something about this editorial really leaves me cold.

Great to know you read the comments here, yours is one of my favourite blogs with something smart to say about fashion.

Isabella said...

I love the intensity, you can feel the emotion. Love the site

Isabella
www.findthose.com