Thursday, March 22, 2012

pinstripe


The Queen of the suit; Anastasia Barbieri in i-D Magazine August 2008, Christopher Kane AW12, David Bowie via FuckYeahDavidBowie, pinstripe dudes at a wedding (unknown source), Christopher Kane AW12, the infamous Kate Moss photograph that never escapes my subconscious, Phoebe Philo.

Christopher Kane, he does have a knack for making you crave the things you didn't realise you wanted. After the glories of his school-pencilcase-reminiscent gel clutch bags from last season I'm now giving his pinstripe the eye.

I'm thinking about the black trousers that Phoebe Philo always wears so well and of that Kate Moss adidas suit look (because I probably mention is one every two months, it is one of my all time favourite looks and the time has come to replicate it) I'm thinking of these shapes and Kane's pinstripe combined. I'm thinking of running errands and kicking back and wearing these imaginary pinstripe trousers as their exact image still forms in my head. I'm also thinking of Anastasia Barbieri, editor-in-chief of Vogue Hommes and the Queen of the suit. I tire of magazine editorials always approaching suit trousers from the 'make like Annie Hall, dress like a man! yeah, androgyny!' angle. Why isn't dressing in a pair of suit trousers a womanly thing to do? But Anastasia really has it right and deserves to be mentioned alongside Annie Hall where relaxed smart trousers are concerned. I'm thinking about trainers and tied back hair and pinstripe trousers and all of the pictures above and the right hang and black vs grey. And so that is the start of my mind process.

3 comments:

WendyB said...

I was just posting about sexy pinstripe suits today!

Kat said...

Hear hear!Brilliant as ever. You've got me thinking..

Like that comment especially about why isn't dressing in suit trousers a womanly thing to do... too true.

Joana Chaves said...

I think I just might love this...




http://www.praytofashion.com