Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ice Cube on the Eames


"Before I did rap music I studied architectural drafting" Who knew!

via 2 or 3 things I know.


This is an old version of the Eames Lounge Chair we have at home in Bristol. It used to be my Grandpa's and I think he bought it in Habitat in the Seventies, unable to afford the original Eames design. I've always loved it so much, though we don't tend to sit on it much these days as without the ottoman footstool you feel like you're falling backwards into a black hole every time you sit down. (It takes admirable ab strength to get back up again.) But I like the idea of one day reuniting it with a footstool and sinking into it again maybe with a gin and tonic and a tall stack of magazines at my elbow.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

they are sooooooooooooooooooooooo good!

Maxmix said...

Wow. That is one cool chair. Please sell it to me. Please...