Sunday, November 13, 2011

november wishlist


fluffy jumper, reality studio at topshopleather skirt, carvensignet ring, martin margielapurple stone ring, topshop, silver brogues, zarakiehls lip balmmetals by feist.

I've already mentioned that for me Winter is a time when a reliance on material objects that are that bit more luxurious becomes stronger. It is when the urge to go to Space NK and spend ludicrous amounts of money on pleasingly packaged beauty products reaches its peak (hello dry skin) and it also explains how a leather skirt from Carven worth over £500 has made it's way onto my wishlist. At the moment all I want are shameless and shiny items of clothing, grown up jewellery and simple outfits ideally involving mohair and leather. I feel myself developing an affinity with magpies, shiny items must simply be a developed coping mechanism from bygone winters. And quite appropriate when it comes to alloy-lust, Feist's new album 'Metals' has been on repeat in my bedroom while I ponder what defined masculinity and femininity in American antebellum slave culture and hammer out word after word in what feels like a never ending cycle of essay-dom.


Note Feist's awesomely outfitted backing singers, like folksy Rosie Riveters in peachy tops and the cool hand-in-pockets stance topped off by those bleached jeans! (Reminds me of these..)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the brogues! and creating wish lists always gets good at this time of year

rouli said...

<3 the pullover

LITTLE KESS said...

jus booked tickets to see Feist at the royal albert hall...yeahhhhhhhh

Anonymous said...

That leather skirt is amazing!

ATTITUDEINABUNDANCE said...

Nice rings & jumper!

Violet Thursdays said...

Her backing singers are one of my favorite bands, actually! They're called Mountain Man and are three students at Bennington (in VT)- I had no idea they were doing more high profile stuff! Their fashion is totally amazing...

Unknown said...

Love all these items so very much.

http://www.designers-artists.com

thea natalie said...

Fluffy jumper = I want. Fav!

Thea Natalie @ Creatures of Life

Check out my 'Low Luv' jewellery give away Here!!

helen turnbull said...

Girl, you've visualised my autumnal wishes perfectly x