Tuesday, August 16, 2011

that september feeling

 Jil Sander Fall 2011Ampersand Jumper, Topshop/ Chloe Sevigny by Patrick O'Dell, Self Service Magazine/ Beth Gibbons/ Stripe Guernsey Jumper, Topshop/ David Bowie via Church of Man Love.

August. Back to School season at Marks and Spencer, the heavy clunk of the Vogue September issue onto a kitchen table and terribly premature knitwear lust. As with every year Topshop is really at it's best in the Autumn when their jeans turn the colours of mulled wine and dense forest and their knitwear outdoes itself with each new delivery of stock. The Ampersand symbol jumper is I think quite sufficient in proving this theory and it just so happens to be taking up about 20% of my functioning brain space. I need it in my life, there are no two ways about it. Also adding fuel to the fire of knitwear lusting; Jil Sander's Fall 2011 swirly, spacey jumpers, personalised knits in the form of Chloe Sevigny's 'Chloe' cardigan or Portishead's Beth Gibbon's 'P' jumper (even if neither 'Beth' or 'Gibbons' begins with 'P', maybe she just really likes parking signs.) and David Bowie with a charming grin and block striped sleeves. One of the pleasures that comes with the transition between Summer and Autumn are the crisp days that allow a combination of bare legs and and jumper, when it is starting to cool enough to slip into something sweatery without seeming ungrateful towards the last of the sunshine.

7 comments:

Emerald said...

I love your blog so much! It's my favorite! You seem so down to earth and you have such a great mix of "high and low" in your fashion tastes. And I love that you love sneakers and Kate Moss and knitwear and thrift stores and so much more! It would mean so much to me if you checked out my polyvore! I think we have sorta similar tastes! Here it is: http://emerald1.polyvore.com/

Anonymous said...

maybe it stands for Portishead!

Emma said...

ooh, the ampersand jumper is lovely! wantttt. x

Anonymous said...

Love the Stripe Guernsey Jumper from Topshop, the Chloe cardigan, and that picture of Bowie with his distinct smile is so cute ^^

kisses!

sundown said...

Great! And I like your writings under your posts. Makes me wish I could write like that!

Jess said...

That ampersand jumper is amazing! Unfortunately though it's made out of acrylic :( I'm going to have to try & bribe my mum into knitting me one.

Glad you checked out the bauhaus museum & had an awesome time in Berlin

MENS FASHION said...

I love this Jumper from Topshop!!!!