Saturday, March 26, 2011

spring mood

Devon Aoki, i-d Magazine September 1998/ Sophie Lowe in Russh Magazine 2009/ Laetitia Casta gardening in her knickers/ reading in the sun/ Angela Lindvall, Zoo Magazine Spring 2011/ The McCartneys/ Tracey Emin at the Sea/ basket shoppers and lunchdates via This is Naive/ blossom in Angus, Scotland/ slitted skirts at Christopher Kane SS10/ old Fjallraven backpack.

It's here, it's here! I went for a run in Platts Fields park yesterday and there is was, that thick syrupy smell of blossom filling the air, interrupted occasionally by wafts of BBQs smoke from groups of picnicing people. And as somebody with an freakishly sensitive sense of smell one of my favourite spring/summer signifiers greeted me as I walked to the supermarket after dark last night, the smell of a summer night when the whiff of warm tarmac after a day of blazing sun is noticeable. Ahhh. I think the changing of seasons will always excite people. Or maybe it's a family thing- I got a letter from my Granny this week describing the pleasure she's been getting each morning after moving her little wicker armchair into a spot by the front door that gets hit every day by a stream of sunshine- sounds like a lovely way to start the day. Apologies for such overenthusiastic Spring appreciation, time to buckle down and stop grinning out of the window..

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Manchester when the sun comes out. It comes alive. And I could smell that lovely tarmac smell too- it always makes me want to kick off my shoes and walk home barefoot to feel the warmth on my soles. Shame the broken glass on the pavements has to kill my dream!
xxx

rouli said...

llllllllllooooooooovvvvvvveeeeee

Unknown said...

Shame it's clouded over in Manchester today, and on the weekend too booooo!

www.blahblahbecky.co.uk

Anonymous said...

This is great! I love the pic of the McCartneys!

Laura. said...

Love the collage!


http://aforteforfashion.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Cute collage :) I love the way spring instantly improves everyone's mood. The longer days and the breeze... It's been long-awaited. xx

Ally said...

I love the smell of Spring too. The weather in Glasgow has been gorgeous the past week. I was up at Loch Lomond over the weekend and it was so so lovely to go walking and rowing in the sun!