Wednesday, March 23, 2011

spring legs


Yesterday I was definitely that idiot who insists on wearing shorts just because the sun it out. But in my defense, I spent most of the day indoors at my desk baking thanks to the greenhouse effect of the sun shining through my bedroom window. And when I did venture outside to cycle to the post office to drop off a thick pile of letters for friends it was warm enough to warrant such sartorial behaviour. There is definitely a stigma in England about seasonal appropriate attire, hence why I'm trying to justify it to myself!

The shorts are a purchase I made last spring from Beyond Retro and I really love the crochet detailing around the hem on the legs even if the shorts do reveal a slightly unflattering 'tummy pouch' when I stand side on. They saw me through the heat when I spent a few days in Italy with my Dad and his family and I can't wait to wear them again this summer with a big brimmed hat and espadrilles. When I think of Summer and Espadrilles I always think of the cover of Tracey Emin's book. Bronzed skin, simple gold jewellry and espadrilles, a classic summer look I will never stop replicating.

6 comments:

young-shields said...

always loved dem shorts. what you up to this summer stevie? any exciting travels?

C x

rouli said...

great shortssssss

Anonymous said...

These look super cute on you. I love the first time you put on shorts for the year. Feels good!

Cassie said...

I did the same thing. I actually a planned a day of semi-sunbathing activity with a friend because I knew the temperature was going to be 17-ish. I think half the population of England lives in constant preparation of rain and cold, and the other half fully embraces ANY ray of sunshine. x

Michelle said...

wowser looking good lady! It just so happen that on the warmest day I am stuck indoors, though watching my cat enjoying the sunshine is blissful at least.

And the Tracey inspiration is amaaaazing. x

disneyrollergirl said...

I do like an espadrille. Yes, what ARE your summer plans?