Monday, March 14, 2011

home movies

Really love these home videos from the late 1950s. Jeff Altman has transferred them from the films from the films his Grandfather shot and matched them to perfectly apt accompanying songs. The Disneyland video is probably my favourite. Though I was never one of those children that went, this video really captures the magic I imagine you would feel visiting there when you were small and it's all the more magnified by the washed out candy coloured footage and rides which seem so clunky and innocent in comparison to the sort of high-tech theme parks we have now. The plinky-plonky music makes the whole thing really touching, evoking childhood memories of bygone eras. (via an open letter)

4 comments:

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

These are fabulous, thank you. I do love old home movies in colour, gives so much more of an idea of real life in those days x

Ola said...

what a great blog you have here!
please visit

fuckthatfashionart.blogspot.com

kisses

Anonymous said...

I love how simple this post is. Just, "I really like these."
I really like them, too!

disneyrollergirl said...

I have never been to Disneyland either. *folds arms grumpily*