Thursday, October 28, 2010

kate's last hurrah

top: kate moss shaggy hood cardigan, £100. midnight velvet and lace shorts, £60.
bottom: panther mesh dress, £100. pansy print dress £60.

I'll be honest, I never went a bundle on the Kate Moss for Topshop collections. Bar a few pieces I always found them too heavy on embellishment and too poorly made to justify the prices. I however have to give some credit for the standout pieces (the little poppy and pansy print tea dresses which now have cult status in their own right) and though I'm wary to admit it, I'm secretly pleased that those of us that missed out the first time round will have a chance to get our hands on them before she bows out with her final collection. 

I've been having a bit of an anti-dress period over the past few months, never feeling quite right in the ones I own so it's refreshing that quite a few of Kate's are tickling my fancy. "She" has also designed some pretty underwear and a snug looking shaggy cardigan which in my mind is the perfect attire for lounging on the sofa with a lap full of Turkey Sandwiches on Christmas evening-I mean the cardigan, not the underwear, unless you have particularly liberal Grandparents..

top: red poppy dress £60. embroidered panel tea dress, £80.
bottom: blue lace and mesh triangle bra, £18. leopard knitted cardigan, £50.

There is of course the fact that Kate Moss's pieces are so instantly recognisable (especially the case for the pansy dress). This is usually an issue for me but strangely I can't be bothered being hung up over it, perhaps it's the fact that it's her last collection, perhaps I've been subdued by the lullaby voice of Zooey Deschanel in the collection's preview video, either way I'll be ready and waiting with my finger on the mouse when the pieces go online on November 2nd..

8 comments:

Just Another Londoner said...

"She" has also designed...haha, so true!

Unknown said...

Love the first cardigan.

Ally said...

While I can't say I'm sad this is her last collection, I do like that she has brought back the best pieces for one last hoorah.

Anonymous said...

Love the grey cardigan and the shorts. I was never really into the collection as a whole but I love a few of her pieces xx

Cara said...

Never really liked the collection but the shaggy cardigan and cat dress are things that I would buy if they were not so expensive.

Dress Code: High Fashion said...

Fantastic collection indeed!

Unknown said...

I wish I had that panther dress :(

fashion trends said...

Found your blog today on Bloglovin' & adore everything about it. Your name is awesome, too.