Friday, February 19, 2010

unique

[IMG00508.jpg]
[IMG00506.jpg]

Rather at the last minute stuffing some clothes into a bag to spend the night with a mate in London before the Unique show tomorrow. When it comes to 'Show dressing' I've learnt that one should always opt for the tried and tested formula by wearing an outfit you frequently wear and feel comfortable in. And accepting that slight feeling of inadequacy while standing in a sea of editors decked in well cut trousers and new season heels is always part of the course! Having a new haircut feels like I've made a bit of effort though (and not too shabby at the price of £4) and I've also been experimenting with DIY nails. (Fingers currently looking like 1970s upholstery in orange with brown tips.)

Very much looking forward to the show though, it's always lovely to catch up with the fellow bloggers and people watch in the showspace before everything kicks off. And this season's cute woodland animal sketched invitation is a little clue of what to expect, so I hear. Struggling to remember where I actually heard that Cub scouts, campfires and brownies are on agenda, but by this little indicator, I think it could be my favourite show yet (I'm praying for brown cord dungarees..)

14 comments:

darwin said...

such a cute invitation! have fun!!

Hannah said...

ooh loving the upholstrey inspiration!

tess said...

love your nails!

Make Do Style said...

Enjoy the show and waft those nails around.

Cassie said...

like the invite! so lucky to get invited to go, I would so love that opportunity!!
can't wait to see what you blog about it :)

www.misspdolly.blogspot.com

hannah-rose said...

have the best time!!! im crossing my fingers too for cute little shearling lined jackets and corduoroy. can't wait to read all about it.

X

emily said...

exciting times, outfit pictures when you get back!

x

Siru said...

I hope the show is amazing!

juliet xxx

Fashion Tidbits said...

oooooooh cute invite, can't wait to see your pics!

Miri said...

Very cool nail polish there! I need to find some time to experiment with my nail colours some more =)

Don't forget to enter the Topshop dress giveaway!!

Is This Real Life? said...

your nails look very cool indeed!
hope you had fun at all the shows!

Random Fashion Coolness said...

Was lovely to see you yesterday. Did you enjoy the show? I'm sure you're saving it for your next post...

Laura. said...

Wish i got invited !!!

Hope you has fun!!

http://aforteforfashion.blogspot.com

Masha said...

great blog)))


http://leblogdemasha.blogspot.com/