Wednesday, February 17, 2010

co-pilots in dying

[dying.jpg]

Tonight my girl Ellis came over to mine and helped me to dye my hair. I sat on the perspex chair in my bathroom and I think we progressed into the next level of comfortable friendship as she massaged ammonia into my scalp. The original gameplan was to redye my hair from 'strawberry brown with strawberry blonde tendencies' to 'kind of, sort of a little bit ginger reddish' and to create some big dark roots and get Ellis to give it a bit of a snip all over to neaten it up. Didn't have high hopes that the 'natural golden auburn' dye would take that well to my hair, but am pleasantly surprised by my new orangey ginge hue reality, hurrah! Think the roots will 'go in' later in the week.

Rather hard to convey through these photos but am going to dedicate the rest of my days to cruising around under strong lights to emphasise the colour. Ellis had a sudden lightbulb moment as we sat on my bed and hit up my inspiration folder dedicated to 'dye jobs done good' and has settled on going grey silver. I have prodded her into following through with this promise and if you guys are considering a change of hairstyle, I urge you too, to stop fannying around and buy a cheapo packet of dye.

10 comments:

Kate said...

Your hair looks great :)

Mystery Flight Vintage said...

looks good. great colour.

p.s. you cat looks just like mine, on it's back.

Sally said...

liking the hair colour and its always good to have co-pilots in dying! x

chris said...

it looks great,you should really use ammonia free dye tho.x

Emma Lavelle said...

Haha my boyfriend dyed my hair for me last night! My best friend usually does it, but he did a good job! I always go for a reddy/gingery brown shade x

Anonymous said...

It might seem scary getting a new haircut or colour. But I think it's great to play around with your look and experiment. Even if it doesn't pay off then you learn to appreciate your old style. I just think it's good to keep things fresh and challenge yourself. You're not going to learn anything new by having the same old cut and colour all your life!

All Women Stalker said...

The color turned out great! You and Ellis could be twins :D

A. said...

and i think you've just nearly convinced me..!

i've been toying with the idea for ages now. i'm really wanting to go more 'red', thinking of maybe even just going all out florence style!

hmmm.

this looks great on you though. ellis should keep the dark brows with the grey silver. would look amaze.

X

Fashion Tidbits said...

hurrah! your hair looks so great!

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it