Wednesday, July 29, 2009

if lux lisbon had lived past fourteen

[lux+lisbon.jpg]
images, dan martensen

to me, these images have lux lisbon written all over them. right down to the crooked family teeth.

"We managed to see the pockmarked moon steaming silently across space, then blue venus, but when we turned the telescope on Lux's window it brought us so close we couldn't see a thing. What at first appeared the xylophone of her spine, curled in bed, turned out to be decorative molding. A stringy peach pit, left on her bedside table from a time of fresh food, gave rise to a number of lurid conjectures. Any time we caught sight of her, or of something moving, the piece was too small to put the puzzle together, and in the end we gave up, retracting the telescope and relying on our eyes."
- The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

these photos are so fitting. this would be future lux

Hadley said...

yesss. aw. poor lux.

WendyB said...

Nice choices. Loved that book.

Anonymous said...

ive just started reading that book. its amazing

Kimberley Brandsma said...

I love those photos. TVS is on my to-read list. The movie is one of my favourites<3

Dane said...

Gorgeous photos.. makes me wanna watch the movie all over again.




www.trustme-itsparadise.blogspot.com

Meghan and Lana said...

Ah you're so right. Luxy was always my fave.

xx

Isabel said...

Yeah, I definitely see the influence. That reminds me, I should read the Virgin Suicides considering how much I loved Middlesex.

Anonymous said...

i thought you meant the disco called LUX in Lisbon, Portugal... =o)

Tasha said...

I really need to read the book...I'm half tempted to watch the film tonight actually. Its been a while. Love the pictures, definately fitting of Lux.

Annie said...

god, that book is phenomenal. as well as the photos!

Steph said...

I adore The Virgin Suicides, and the quote sounds lovely with your photos. xx

Steph
http://bonjourblondie.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

very fitting. great find.
xo

Burn That Dress said...

i really like those photos

Sylvia said...

Perfect timing for me! Just finished the book this morning. And you are so right.

Kelly-Ann Maddox said...

That mask is so dreamy. And agree, the whole collection here has a Lux feel to it. Great use of quotation.

Anonymous said...

Lux is my favourite character from TVS, and I can feel the Lux vibe in these pics. Love the first one, and the mask (L)

kisses

Dani said...

Or Maybe Lux Lisbon's distant cousin who lives in an urban wasteland trapped in her own thoughts.

La Dauphine said...

LOVE these photos.

http://ladauphinestyle.blogspot.com

Destiny Nicole said...

I did a post about the Virgin suicides not to long ago, i love what you did with the comparison, i knew eaxactly what you meant when you said, "right down to the crooked family teeth"

www.lyingislovely.blogspot.com