Friday, June 05, 2009

chloe and the capsule closet concept

At the risk of sounding like a ubiquitous "celebrities; they're just like us!" tabloid article, it's both refreshing and endearing to see Chloe Sevigny getting so much enjoyment out of all of her Chloe pieces.

Granted, if I had a pair of Chloe scalloped shorts, then damn right I'd be wearing them everyday (how else would they become cost-effective?) but when somebody who is high enough up the "fashion ladder" to get a collections worth for free still can't bare to take them off, well, it warms the cockles of my heart!


Ms Sevigny looks radiant in every case (With the possible exception of the last image, taken at the Big Love press conference last month, only because she opted to pay homage to her Mormon character's hair) and as she has said in the past, she has been sticking to the legs-on-show formula which makes the most of her best feature(s).

Though it's nice to see a little variety, there is something about the (self) styling of these recent outings that harks back to that idea of a capsule wardrobe. Having 12 pieces of so, that you know work well for you and just remixing them each time with a couple of different pairs of shoes. It depends what kind of person you are, as I wonder if in truth I'd get sick of such a routine. Maybe the "capsule closet concept" is purely a fashion editor's gimmick; a way of persuading us to buy those £700 Yves Saint Laurent as part of our 'refined collection'? A way of reasoning with us to buy a designer piece that otherwise would have an intolerable price tag.

004.jpg chloepoloclassic3.jpg picture by littlebananaphotos072.jpg 048.jpg014.jpg
images chloe-sevigny.org

16 comments:

Kimberley Brandsma said...

I love all of her outfits. And ChloƩ<3 Especially the shoes! If only..

I like that idea of a 'capsule closet'. I'm actually doing it myself kind of.. Because of the '4-5 french wardrobe idea' I'm much more aware of what I buy. And how I want to look, I'm still not there yet though:p

young-shields said...

ohhhh to have her wardrobe! and i actually kind of like the big love hair! But especially that pink blouse. y-s x

patti said...

she's great. did such post with her amazing looks some days ago.

Anonymous said...

It's so refreshing when a star acts like one of us and has favorites. I heart her.

tastes like disco said...

i love the idea of having a capsule closet! especially when I read about ye olde days where they just didnt have enough money and only bought a few rather expensive dresses and wore them to pieces. However, as much as i love the idea i dont think I could do that either. =) And i would also worry what other ppl thought if i run around with for example the same dress all the time - it d exceed the limits of my `never mind what other ppl think` ;)

PHOTOS DE MODE said...

chloe chloe u just gotta love her :))

joy said...

second photo is by far one of my favorites. She looks absolutely amazing and so spring-y.

Natalie said...

Her legs are amazing, I would be showing them off at every event too!

A La Mode said...

GOD, those first few suit pictures are so undeniably beautiful. I'm not surprised she's wearing them all the time. They look so good on her!

ChristingC said...

i love chloe in chloe...if only i could afford the scalloped shorts and blazer, and shoes of course :-)

http://fashionhedonism.blogspot.com

maverickandlove said...

she looks amazing in every single picture, but last picture eekkk- didnt know she was going for the mormon look?
i like that idea of a capsule closet... but i just cant hold myself back to buying everything haha

Anonymous said...

the first picture is pretty much fantastic

WendyB said...

Those are some of the only shorts I've ever wanted for myself!

A. said...

i love your love for her!

& i quite like that last image - she works so bloody well with colour! damn.

xx

Flavor said...

I love her style, especially on the first pic.

Eric Saeter said...

second outfit is killer (the only picture that I see loading actually)