Wednesday, March 18, 2009

sharon tate in valley of the dolls

[sharon+tate+valley+of+the+dolls2.jpg][sharon+tate+valley+of+the+dolls.jpg][sharon+tate+valley+of+the+doll6.jpg][sharon+tate+valley+of+the+dolls3.jpg] [sharon+tate+valley+of+the+dolls4.jpg][sharon+tate+valley+of+the+dolls5.jpg]
If you haven't already , you really must watch Valley of the Dolls, it's unintentionally hilarious and great for a dressed up night in with a group of mates. You should equip yourself with a bottle and a homemade bingo board so that you can cross off a box everytime you hear "Sparkle Neely, Sparkle!"

I read the Jacqueline Susann novel a couple of summers back during a lazy week in Devon with my best friend and recommend it; nothing life changing, but perfectly trashy all the same.

Watch the trailer below and you should get an idea of how fantastically camp the film is. Dionne Warwick's theme tune is perfectly self pitying and the interiors and costumes don't hurt, either.


sharon-tate.org

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always love your movie suggestions. Even though you don't post about movie often.
Just watched the trailer and now I'm trawling amazon looking for it!

jeanie annan-lewin said...

erm valley of the dolls MAZNG i think its all about patty duke personally maybe its because she got fat at one point in the book xxx

Anonymous said...

She was ever so beautiful. I haven't seen it yet, but would loveto get my hands on a copy! xx

Johanne said...

She's stunning i that second pic! II haven't seen it yet, but now I really want to(:

Toodles

jessica said...

well i've never seen the film, but now i think i just might have to !
i have read the book though .

Lisa said...

I love her hair and makeup in the first screen capture.

hannah-rose said...

valley of the dolls is a fantastic movie, one of my favourites... don't you just love the costumes and the hair!

XXX

sauvageblue said...

I just saw it a few weeks ago I rented it it fantastic the clothing & make-up is amazing....

May Kasahara said...

must

Anna G said...

I watch this last week during my spring break. It's so amazing. I read the book years ago. Now, I think I will read it again.

etoilee8 said...

I read this book multiple times in high school. I still find it to be a great read. Love your blog, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Sharon Tate is an ICON