Wednesday, February 18, 2009

81 OSCARs and one bedsheet

Let's not beat about the bush, where the recession is concerned, celebrities are getting hit big time. the OSCARS are approaching but instead of appointment books filled with A List fittings, tumbleweeds have rolled across the showrooms of Chanel, Dior, Valentino and Armani Prive. Temperley and Marchesa have had not a dot. With no business celebrity stylists have taken to the streets, I noticed Rachel Zoe crouched over a paper cup and cardboard sign the other day. Her pennypiping wasn't quite up to scratch though. In the absence of a dress budget, Kate Winslet, Angelina Jolie, Anne Hathaway, Penelope Cruz and Freida Pinto have all been experimenting with crepe paper and sequins. Sharon Stone has been tearing her hair out remembering the days when she could afford that famous GAP ensemble.

Clealy time is not on their side with the ceremony five days away. But luckily I have some solutions to help. All these stars will need is a bedsheet. And possibly some dye if their purses will allow. "But we'll all look the same!?" I hear them shriek. Oh ladies, ladies. Where is the creativity, the imagination! Between you you've thrown yourself into roles about concentration camp guards, destructive addicts and mental patients (and that's without even getting started on Anne Hathaway..) where is your vision? A bedsheet is the most versatile garment of all and I'll show you the options..

22 comments:

Make Do Style said...

Very well done - of them all I suspect Angelina will take you up and gain the moral high ground or duvet!

lady stardust said...

lol they're allll going to envy you .

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, I completely adore this, it's something affordable enough for even me to wear to prom!

Riina said...

very creative, looks great ! ;)

Irene (capuccinobar) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A. said...

oh stevie!

as if roisin would ever show up at the oscars i could totally see her in the shoulder action dress & actually they all quite remind me of that time she wore the vivienne w dress with the calvin klein puffer jacket (!)

http://i40.tinypic.com/163zx5.jpg

i could totally see these working. clever you are my deer!

x

ps, forgive me for yet another ro reference. i seriously cant help these things from popping into my head!

Bojana said...

HAHHAAAAAAA YES YES YES you're a GENIUS.Tottaly freaking crazy awesome GENIE. So clever and witty and sarcastic and ironic you're my love

ps : Now that you are dissaponted with Alex's latest collection, are finall about to consider my proposal or still not??

Anonymous said...

Absolutely brilliant! I think you're onto something...

Unknown said...

I LOVE this, you are too funny.

Anonymous said...

hahha very cute and witty!

love the blog.. keep it up xo

Anonymous said...

hahahahaHA. Love your creativity doll face. And that Rzoe comment gave me a good chuckle. xx

stylefrontier said...

hahaha thats very funny and witty of you
love the creative looks, poses, and expressions :)

xoxo,
fhen

miss milki said...

hehe! So funny! :) When I was little, after bath time I used to stand infront of the mirror with my towel and make dresses just like this!

Kayla said...

Haha! Maybe such should be the required dress of the Oscars...

karl's sweet child said...

hahahah.. sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

hahahah!! you're so funny!! i love your blog
its super smart in every way
cheers!

young-shields said...

This is just so funny! Your posts are so awesome, they get better and better.

y-s x

Rosanna said...

i love this post! its lots of fun :D


www.littlemissdressup.com

home girl said...

An oscar will surely be awarded to stevie of DC fame for her humanitarian work in the feild of oscar dressing!! This terrible catastrohie facing celebrities will surely be averted now with your groundbreaking bedsheet couture. The shoulder action dress gets my vote do u have any left in a size zero?! Excellent post darling defo DC at its best xxxx

Unknown said...

this has got to be one of the most fun posts I've ever seen, ever. <3 it!!

Stefanie said...

you
are
WAY
too
FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sign me up for the straight jacket dress, plz and ty

beck&madi said...

cuutteee. particularly the straight jacket dress

http://showusyourblog.blogspot.com