Sunday, December 07, 2008

advent season; day seven, angelica huston or margot's ma



o




Chloe Sevigny; "I’m hoping one day I’ll be [laughs], this sounds silly, but you know how Wes Anderson hires Anjelica Huston in all of his movies? Maybe when I’m an older woman there’ll be some hot young director that’ll go, ‘Remember that girl who was big in the 90’s?’ And hire me."

Why did it never occur to me that it makes perfect sense to look to the Mother of a style icon.
Or the Dad, Grandma.
Where did they get their style from?
Margot Tenenbaum got her Hermes Birkin from Etheline, fo sho.

17 comments:

Beba said...

hahaha!!! havent noticed this detail before :D

May Kasahara said...

hahaha. awesome.

this wheel's on fire said...

ah that movie is so great! so is that chloe quote! she's so honest :)

Meghan and Lana said...

that's such a great quote!! and i want to be just like angelica when i grow up.
L

A. said...

i literally squealed when i saw that you made a post about angelica (!)

i loooove her!

& i really dont know why...it isnt like theres something specific, ive just always really really liked her.

her & jack nicholson in the 70s was it? gah, amazing.

x

jeanie annan-lewin said...

i LOVE this movie so much!!! Etheline is my older idol

Vera said...

I love his movies, i've seen the royal tenenbaums probably 20 times. Wes Anderson is a genious.

Bojana said...

You're so infatuated with this move I think it should be a normal consequence that I finally move my ass and watch it.

But I'm sooo lazyyy!! And overwhelmed by law school.

SICK. said...

i need to see this film asap.
& that chloe quote ? divine.


x
jessica

Unknown said...

She's insanely amazing in that movie ...in fact, all the actors are.

Eyeliah said...

I hope that will be Chloes fate.

Noemi Sunshine Ferst said...

Brilliant!
I love this movie so much!
xx.

Miss at la Playa said...

that movie is genius

shimu's holiday said...

Really love this movie and Wes Anderson.

AFitz said...

YES tenenbaums!

AFitz said...

YES tenenbaums!

Anna Pope said...

Gwen and her were my favorites in that movie. Talk about style!