Monday, October 13, 2008

rolling stone

i rarely buy i-D. I think this is because I'm often easily irritated by some of the editorials which often seem to try too hard to be "edgy" and just end up coming out as contrived and pretentious. but every few issues there will be a golden cover and equally golden editorials.

the november issue features my favourite model the Lara Stone, so this is a must.

Some words of wisdom from her interview, most interesting.

Lara's take on nudity..

When I was 16, being naked was a problem, but it has never really been an issue for me. Better naked than wearing really tight corsets. I don't put myself in situations that I feel uncomfortable with, you know, someday my children are going to see this. My tits are not really that big. Next season I might go for a more dressed up Lara, like a librarian or something.


on mr tisci and ms roitfeld
..
When I went to see Riccardo, he called Carine and said 'Oh my god you have to meet this girl,' I met Carine, the next day we were working together and we've been working together ever since.

how she feels about the catwalk..
I hate catwalk because 1) I'm not very good at it, 2) I'm always scared sh*tless and 3) . . . I suck at it. I cannot walk in heels. At all. I'm always completely terrified I'm going to fall over, which I did three times my first season. I fell over in London, Milan and in Paris. I had a Chanel fitting that afternoon and it was really embarrassing. I was like, 'Sorry Karl [Lagerfeld]', he didn't have a clue what I was talking about!


can't wait to see the editorial..

19 comments:

elysia mann said...

ahh love her. she seem SO awesome!

A. said...

MUST BUY, MUST BUY, MUST BUY!

oh my god.

number one thing im getting in new york.

kisses xx

ps, crazy weekend. will email you - tonight.

Chloe's Chic Conception said...

She is so great! I love this cover shot!

leeselooks said...

i agree about i-D. it usually goes a tad overboard...


can she be anymore beautiful ? ahhhh!!!!

i hope this makes it to South Africa!


x.

Chantelle said...

oh my jesus, I love how honest and blunt she is
it makes her seem so real

Anonymous said...

I'm flicking through my copy right now (though I'm supposed to be reading my Economics textbook...), and the editorial is great, I love the feel of it, simple and fresh. Especially adore the one with the givenchy leather jacket.

Anonymous said...

lara is so awesome,love her
cheers

Anonymous said...

lara is so awesome,love her
cheers

Anonymous said...

The cover is absolutely perfect!
And you should buy I-D more often ;)

Anna Pope said...

Wow, she looks amazing on that cover!

SICK. said...

gangstas walk, pimps gon' talk.



oh and great great great cover. god, i lover her.
zoe.

Anonymous said...

Love her editorials but I do agree with her...she is terrible on catwalk!

María said...

I N-E-E-D it!

Queen Michelle said...

I'm so glad I'm not alone in feeling that I.D is a bit up-its-own-arse. I haven't bought Nylon or Dazed in years either, for pretty much the same reasons. But of course there are plenty great mags to replace them.

Ella Gregory said...

Hey,
yes it has been so long. I guess we are both just busy busy. How are you?

I was looking longingly at this cover a few days ago actually, thinking maybe I should buy it. The last time I brought i-D I really didn't like it, but this is one hot cover. I hope the editorial is as good as the cover.
Wouldn't it be great if you could return magazines if you decided you didn't like them?

x x x x

Michelle said...

This issue of i-D is gold, I love it! Though the interviewer for Lara Stone annoys me, there's more to Lara than her breasts!

mybeaumonde said...

love lara stone she is easily my fav model! haven't been buying i.d for awhile either but shall definately be buying this one! hope she stays around longer then most models at the moment!

Chloé Van Paris said...

i really like this post.
very cute pics.

S. said...

My God, she's gorgeous.