Monday, November 03, 2008

running to her beck and call



no joke, when i saw the words "beck" and "chloe sevigny" in the same sentence and then strang together the muddle of lovely words and understood that she will be starring in everybody's favourite scientologist's video for "gamma ray", parts of my limbs started to melt as I began to radiate happiness. such brilliant names being emalgimated into a single association produces for me the same effect as that of "blonde horny twins" to a prepubescent boy.





i must admit that I found it difficult to watch chloe sevigny prance about in a little leotard* purely for the fact that she never smiles in this and she looks a wee bit into herself. then i remembered two things; a woman should be able to dance confidently without others making assumptions that she is into herself (i'm so ashamed, I can't believe I found myself thinking just that for a millisecond) and um, ever heard of an actor's brief?

*although i find it refreshing that there is a noticeable wobbling around her thighs and thank the lord, a noticeable absense of mechanic grease to roll around in ala christina milian.



so, i conclude..
yay chloe, i still heart you like a fat kid loves cake.

and i'm glad to see you again, it's been a while.


AND... I am
totally going to make myself a pair of hieroglyphic patterned tights!

14 comments:

A. said...

awesome, just awesome.

& isnt valentine fillol corider in the presets new video too?

so cool.

xx

discotheque confusion said...

yes, i believe so.
and of course behati was in rich girls by the virgins and ms deyn in the video for one o'clock heroes or whatever they're called (i prefer one hit wonders)!

xxx

ryan said...

wildly attractive

Style Spot said...

Please give me Chloe's dance moves now! I'd love to be able to dance around like that without looking like a complete idiot. Love her dress, and the way it moves when she moves xxx

María said...

I don't normally like Beck...but I L-O-V-E this!

Ella Gregory said...

She looks AMAZING!!!
I want to:
1) go dancing
2) print-screen all of this
and 3) wallpaper my bedroom with it.

Nature Graffiti said...

Chloe dances in a Beck video
... and i dance with joy. God, i love her
and those tights are fantastic!!

Char Ruiz Manjarrez said...

Ha! Loved the christiana milian mechanic grease comment! And the vid is of course insane.

C.

kansas said...

oh goodness. i think i fell in love with chloe all over again. and yes those tights are fantastic!!! they kind of remind me of emma cook's new line.

Flavia Flanders said...

that is awesome.. love them both.

Andrea Martínez Maugard said...

That's a very colorful video, Chloe is perfect for Beck

Dressed and Pressed said...

Okay, I'll admit, I don't really "get" the whole Chloe Sevigny thing. But I love the way that tassled dress moves when she does her little shimmy.

Alex A. said...

thanks a bundles for introducing me to that video! I love everything goin' on in the video and the song is pretty wicked to.

xo

Al

Julia said...

What a good combo!