Monday, October 13, 2008

diy on my mind


http://static.uber.com/media_fetch/243667571_4186_originalsideswipe_instory5.jpg
i always used to be too lazy for diy projects.
well, i kind of still am.

but over the last couple of weeks, everytime I have sat down on the bus after college a couple of ideas have popped into my head..

1. creating some obscenly meticulous latice effect leggings ala rodarte.

2 or settling for an equally gorgeous (and much easier to reproduce) pair ala anja rubik.

3 and getting some studs and sewing them onto the knees of my jeans ala (whisper her name, she smells..) cory kennedy.

my predictions; that ridiculously pain-staking tee shirt project that childhood flames is getting into is going to be the new bleached jeans diy project. then the slashed leggings will follow! if only betting stocks took such predictions..

edit: aww crap. i just checked up on fashion toast and rumi beat me to it! schadenfreude to me, ha.

15 comments:

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

don't worry about who did what first...i say still go for the slashed leggings and add your own little spin!

Chloe's Chic Conception said...

I am definitely doing some slashing of my own!! I can't wait to see what slash-style you decide to go with :)

Anonymous said...

re cory kennedy: ahahahahahahahahahaha

Andrew said...

I want to do a pair of jeans like that too!

Tinsley said...

haha this is hilarious! i was just about to post this! i had it scheduled and everything

oh well, might as well. im obsessed with the slashed leggings
so easy to make too!

Shen-Shen said...

I'm really feeling the slashed leggings look too, and Camille's tee project is crazy!

A. said...

im such a copy cat :P but blogs are for inspiration, no?

x

aw really? which ones? i quite like them all, i think...

nv said...

i love the jeans with the studded knees!

ashleigh said...

haha aw i'm sure you could pull it off equally if not better than rumi.

this is such a great idea, i'd have no idea where to start.

and i'm that lazy person, i always say i'll diy and never do. i have studs sitting around from 2 months ago waiting to be used.

Beba said...

it's a sin being lazy! i'm exrta lazy! everytime i think about a project i get excited but then i dont even bother to start it :/

luuuv anja's leggings. i could possibly wear them if i owned them!!

Anonymous said...

I think you can do an even more extreme version of Rumi's ones....slashes ALL the way down!

Miss at la Playa said...

I feel very diy too... I want to try the Maison Martin Margiela denims... risky! :P

Anonymous said...

i realllyyyy like the knee stud idea, i might have to try that out

Bridget said...

Where on earth can I get those slashed leggings? I'm no good at diy...help me please.

Anonymous said...

Bridget, they're from Wolford.