Friday, June 20, 2008

karen


one of my favourite pieces of fashion news from the last week; model, musician and general creative master Karen Elson is planning on opening a vintage boutique named Venus and Mars in Nashville, Tennessee.

"I want to sell everything from vintage Kenny Valenti and rare Ossie Clarke to Valentino couture — but also cheaper vintage stuff to attract a wider audience."

i think this idea is cute as pie.
clever karen, it comes up with a genius alternative to the the model turned actress formula.
do you think any of her freebies will end up as hand-me-downs? fingers crossed.

and three cheers for selling some cheap vintage, second hand prices can be ridiculous.


pic, discotheque confusion

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that she has decided to open the store in Nashville...

Miss at la Playa said...

mmm... whch one will be better, Milla's boutique, Helena's or Karen's? :P

Héloïse J. said...

exactly! she's not the only one! it's one of the mature models' dreams i think.

let gemma dream of an oscar!

Shen-Shen said...

I agree with Susie Bubble, haha... Nashville!?

But I love her and her gorgeous hair, and I wish I could check that boutique out!

riz said...

That might mean making a first trip there...I like Karen's look a lot...

A. said...

hmmm, i might have to take a road trip to tennessee very soon...

ha - i never thought i would say that!

xx

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Wow, she is quite an impressive woman. This latest scheme seems so random...

michelle said...

Too bad it would be on the other side of the country for me :(

Anonymous said...

cool idea, more reasons to love TN

Kaitlyn said...

That is just about the only thing worth making a trip to Nashville for, even though I live only 3 hours away.

Syed said...

Shame I'd have to cross an ocean just to get there! Sounds cool though, vintage shops in London are mostly ridiculously expensive.

emsie said...

Really pretty graphic. I think it's a great idea, shame it will be over in America!

Kat said...

karen is rather wonderful and that shop sounds like a treasure throve.
I have lots of posts to catch up on here, must get reading! Cannot wait for the edge of love either! I have been lusting after those oufits with a year!

Reena Rai said...

Love her style, I want to check out her store!

ps - tagged you :)

Romany said...

Awesome picture!
Nashville? Damn -- let's hope she'll have an online store too...
Romany
xx

..... said...

well great idea !! hope laetitia casta will do it in Paris !! :)

Diana Coronado said...

Luv her stylettooo !!

Terren said...

it will be so interesting to see what she sells in her store. :]

lilliebe said...

That sounds amazing.
But I think your image is even more amazing! Do you study/work as a graphic designer..?

The Maximilian said...

shes wonderful, isnt she?
:)