Wednesday, May 07, 2008

i-Do like summer


ohh the sun is shining in england!

for those not familiar with the happy chaos that ensues when the sun shines over here, i shall (ahem) enlighten you.

the suncream comes out so that we can pretend that we are on holiday. sandals, sunglasses, teeny hemlines (take your pick..shorts or skirt.) are all standard because we all know that this could be the last day of sun we see..until next year. and everyone is happy and remarking on the weather even more than usual, which, yes is saying something.

so i have returned home from an easy day of college with a spring in my step and have dragged a recliner out into my 4 metre square of a city garden, stripped down to a lame american apparel bikini top and some old shorts and withstack of magazines and lee scratch perry blaring from the stereo inside the house, am fully understanding the word "bliss".

a look through my pile of magazines has lead me to the conclusion that glossies are like a good cheese; becoming more deliciously flavoursome with time and i-D's april issue is no exception. i shall support this..

ps, just had a click through the style MET archive, which wasn't up when i posted yesterday, and have now noticed that infact nicolas et al did attend and that the outfits aren't quite as non-descript as i had first though. the saving graces were the models who all looked fahhbulous.


pics: from anuva at thefashionspot

15 comments:

emsie said...

sounds like the perfect day. the weather has been lovely.

really like those scans, might get myself a copy of the i-d this month.

nicolas was with charlotte gainsborough, non?

x

Miss at la Playa said...

i'm curious, what are you studying?

Anonymous said...

I bought myself lots of ice creams today, it was great. you know in the first scanned pictured, who's the lady wearing the glasses, I really like what she's wearing and the jacket in the last picture where she's drinking tea or something.

Chelsea Rae said...

I love good weather, and the only thing keeping me from moving to London (other than money pf course) is the lack of sunny days.

Anyway, the scans on the bottom really make me want to find a good liberty print or at least something bright enough to make my elders think I'm insane!

Unknown said...

oh, those are all fantastic. i've got to go play dress up and pretend i'm them now.... brb.

Anonymous said...

Definitely preferred the editorials in the April issue as opposed to the current Aggy issue....

Mimi said...

the pics are great inspiration

LOVE AESTHETICS said...

I had to take a second look before liking that editorial, but the clothing is amaaazing, I did a post on it on my blogg (constructing textile cities)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Nice! The weather just turned sour here as well. Hopefully bright sunshiney weather will be back soon.

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Canada!
I dream of sunny weather ... Summer's taking longer than usual to come this year

MarĂ­a said...

Here, it's raining again! I just hate it.

A. said...

oh i do love hearing all about your lazy afternoons...

you have such a vivid way of putting it too.

j'adore.

AlicePleasance said...

Sunny days in the backyards with magazines are the best :-)

kirsty lee said...

ha good assessment of british summertime. although with me it's all about avoiding the suncream so i don't waste a single precious ray. hence my red faced recent outfit pics. not too pretty.

i think i should start buying i-D again. i'm quite stingy with the mags though, but vogue eds have been boring me of late.

Anonymous said...

NICE PICS